Monday 4 August 2008

Team Ico's Next Project to Take Four Years ?


SCE Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has talked about Fumito Ueda and Team Ico's new title which he says is " looking really, really good".

Whilst talking to Official Playstation Magazine, Yoshida said that we may be in for quite a wait for Team Ico's highly awaited next project:

"They are working on a title," he told the mag. "I started the ICO project. Ueda-san joined my team in Japan as a cinematic animator, but he created a short movie and presented it to me and said, 'I want to make this game.'

"I said, 'Yes, let's do it, but you have never made a game. We have to have experienced people do it,' so it took a while, recruiting one person at a time. And because Fumito Ueda doesn't compromise, we had to move the development from PSone to PlayStation 2. Then I couldn't complete the game because I moved to the United States.

"It took four years and the second game took four years too," the new Sony games boss continued."So I started calling them the 'Olympic Team.' They haven't released a PS3 title yet - of course not - they'll take four years! But they have something really, really good on the way."
Source: CVG

No comments: